Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Simon Goes to Work


One of the best parts about being self-employed is that I am able to bring my dog, Simon, to work with me. We are awake early today and have fresh snow to greet us. Just waiting for it to get light enough to go play outside and then we shall begin our day of work related activities.

We shall first head out to my psychotherapy practice where Simon will offer uninhibited compassion to my clients. It always amazes me how he is able to provide comfort and to lessen stress simply by his presence and allowing my clients to stroke him. He should feel extra soft after he rolls around in the fresh snow this morning!

Then it is off to the training studio for a small class in which he may participate or just practice some down stays amid great distraction. He typically excels with 'stay'- even when other dogs come right up to him and give him a sniff!

So, I am very grateful today to be in a position to spend all day with my dog. I am even more grateful that my dog seems to enjoy this as well!

Hugs to all your dogs today...

1 comment:

  1. Good for everyone,including Simon. We have already been for a neighborhood walk. Kelley gets very excited when there is nice fluffy snow.

    ReplyDelete