Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Weekend in Crawford Notch


Whew- Simon and I have been active as usual, but it has been so long since we posted. So....
a couple of weeks ago Simon and I went camping in Crawford Notch State Park in NH. I had hope to "bag" another 4000 footer, but a lack of sleep and needing to meet up with my sister, niece & nephew inspired me to change my plans. Instead, in honor of SImon's love of water, I decided that we would do a series of short hikes that involve water. It was perfect weather and Simon was ready to swim!

We topped off our hikes with a couple of short hikes to 2 of the tallest waterfalls in NH- Arethusa & Ripley. Simon and I both relished the coolness of being near such amazing sights and, yes, SImon did get in a lot of swimming- river, pond & stream. All in all a perfect camping weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment